NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

PLEASE USE OUR NEW EMAIL ADDRESS FOR CONTACT
THEOLDECOUNTRYCUPBOARD@OUTLOOK.COM

VISIT OUR WEBSITES

You are Special Patterns

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Goodwill and Old candle jars

HI,
I spent today, making up some quick things, with items I had found at Goodwill and using up some of the cinnamon coated candle jars and cans. I hate to throw away those candle jars after I burn the candle and figured sooner or later I would find something to put in them.
First off, I used the old candle cans for part of a candle light. Just filled it up with newspaper and moss and glue a candle light in the middle of it Added greenery and berries. I had purchased some of those old looking labels off ebay and glued them to the can. I love the way they turned out. So quick and easy.



Next, I had found this old wicker sleigh at Goodwill some time ago. I put a candle light, small tree, mouse, snowballs and Christmas letter in it.



These are some old roller skates, I added the wrapped candy canes, greenery and snowmballs and Little Mouse to each skate. These I absolutely love, wish I had more skates.



I had these candle jars left after I burned the candles, so I added a little Charlie Brown tree and prim label on the front of the jar.



I had some old copper tea kettles and put the wrapped candy canes, snowballs and greenery in these also with a candle light. So quick and simple.



I still have a lot in the shed, that I want to get used up and my shed downsized somewhat, I don't know what all I even have in there. But am finding treasures, everytime I start digging.
Well, hope you enjoyed looking at my quick and easy projects.

20 comments:

  1. Wow!!! I am so glad that I came aross your blog, and of course I just had to become a follower!!! You certainly are one talented lady and I have enjoyed getting to see what you have been creating. Got to love the Goodwill and TS stores, I know that I certainly do. Thanks for sharing and getting me thinking about all of my extra candle jars and Christmas too!

    Blessings and Perfect Prims,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you took the cans & jars that most of us would have thrown out and made such a great arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those skates!!! And the tea kettles also!!

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. You never cease to amaze me with all those ideas in your head. Were the skates black or did you paint them black?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do check in on your blog often as I love all of your projects. You have such great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks so nice! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Wow Wow.....just perfect ideas ! I would happily buy anyone of those items ! Just love seein' the things you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are all wonderful, you have great ideas! My favorite is the Charley Brown tree jars, the simplicity of the sweet little tree nestled in the jar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the roller skates and tea kettles what great ideas. carol from primitivecountrytreasures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the cans with the lights and the jars too. Well I love it all really. Very creative. Thank You for sharing. Prim Blessings, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are great!!Wow you make it look so easy!Love the skates!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love everything...You shouldn't have any trouble selling all of them...great Christmas gifts.
    Hugs,Trena

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it all!! The skates are adorable. I'm also trying to use up items that I have on hand...getting ready to start on some snowman that will go in tin cups.
    Hope you have a great weekend.
    ~Cindy~

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love this idea. What a great way to recycle!! You have given me a great Christmas gift idea to give family and friends. I enjoyed your blog and have added you to my favorites. I look forward to coming back.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are so inspirational! Love everything!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just found your blog and love everything you make! I would like to put you in my favorites! I would love to keep up with what you're making!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for some great ideas! I have added you to my favorites. Love the eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. "Wow" you are so talented, thanks for showing us how you took some GW things and made them look like a million bucks:)
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just had to leave a note about the rusty can project. I did some of these and they are awesome. Thanks so much for the inspiration!! I plan on making many more. If you would like to see how mine came out you can view them at myprimplace@blogspot.com Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete