NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

PLEASE USE OUR NEW EMAIL ADDRESS FOR CONTACT
THEOLDECOUNTRYCUPBOARD@OUTLOOK.COM

VISIT OUR WEBSITES

You are Special Patterns

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

New Angel and lil Prairie dolls

Hi,
Well, today was my birthday, I am now 52 years old. I don't like getting older. Seems the years are going by so fast now. My daughter cooked me a special dinner tonight of chicken kabobs with pineapple, green peppers, onion and mushroom marinated in a teriyaki sauce. They were delicious. Her boyfriend Sean came over and helped her a little with dinner. It was very nice, I hated for her to have to cook after working all day but she said that is what she wanted to do for me. She also made me a pan of brownies that I love for my birthday "cake".
At least my dad seemed in much better spirits today. He had to go to the hospital and get bloodwork done and then went with my nephew to the grocery store and walked quite a bit and didn't have to use his oxygen at all. He said he felt almost like his oldself today.
I managed to do another new Angel. This one I am going to call Simple Angel and she will be available on the website this week. I am in the process of getting her wrote up and ready to go.
I am very pleased with the way she turned out. She is a very simple angel. I had some old thin feedsack towels that I made her dress out of. Her wings and stockings are made from an old cutter quilt. I stained her pretty heavily.




This is a picture of the full length of her. She has no legs and is very easily put together. I have several cutter quilts that I have, that will make a variety of colors.



This is my Sarah Prairie doll prairie doll from my You are Special line. I took her and shrunk her down to ornament size, love this size. I want to do a colonial type tree with little prairie dolls and such. I may make little stockings and feather trees and put their hands. Have a few more with brighter colors, that I am trying to get finished up tonight.

8 comments:

  1. Love your new dolls.
    Hope you had a Happy Birthday.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!! Good to hear that your dad is coming along better.
    Your dolls are adorable!! I love both types!! Keep up the great work!! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. *H*A*P*P*Y B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y!!!!!Wonderful to hear the positive news about your Day!!! Sounds like you had a fabulous day all around :)
    Such sweet prairie dollies and angel too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday. Love the dolls.
    Have a nice day, Annemieke

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you had a great birthday! So glad to hear your dad is doing better! I love the dolls and the tress from Tuesday's post- actually I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday. It sounds like you had a very nice birthday. You deserve it after everything you have been through recently. I am glad to hear your dad is doing better. I hope his progress continues. Your crafts are wonderful. Thanks for letting us see them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your prairie dolls are just darling! Love them!

    ReplyDelete