NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

PLEASE USE OUR NEW EMAIL ADDRESS FOR CONTACT
THEOLDECOUNTRYCUPBOARD@OUTLOOK.COM

VISIT OUR WEBSITES

You are Special Patterns

Thursday, August 6, 2009

More dolls and beeswax ornaments today

I was able to get some more dolls finished today, this is one my older patterns called #247 Holiday Annie pattern from the http://www.youarespecialpatterns.com/ line. I make a few of her every year and she is always one of the first to leave the booth. These I don't prim up a lot, just stained them lightly. These seem to sell better being cutesy rather than primitive.




This is a closeup of Holiday Annie, she is big and stocky doll.



I played around with my beeswax again last night and today, I made some little tea light holders, a Santa and an Angel. I place them on a little rusty plate and add some rosehips and cinnamon. I include an extra battery with the set, as people always worry what battery to replace it with. when the other one burns out.



These are my absolute fvorite this year. Can't wait to have a tree full of them. I think they are going to look so prim.



I got quite a few gingerbread people made. This mold sets up in just 30 minutes.So it doesn't take much time to get a bunch of these done . Plus I set mine in the freezer for about 10 minutes to help them set faster.




also made quite a few Santas, I love these old looking Santas. I am going to have to order more beeswax as this bag is about empty now.



Alot of you have emailed about my soap, It is $3.00 a bar or 2/$5.00 plus priority shipping of $4.90. I can get 4 bars into a small box easily. If you are interested just send me an email.
Also had a couple ask about the directions, so here they are:

Brown Sugar and Oatmeal Soap.
2 pounds soap base ( I used goat's milk and oatmeal) melt and pour
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 vanilla extract
1/3 cup dry cinnamon (or more if you want darker soap)
1/2 cup oatmeal

Melt the soap and then add ingredients. Mix well, you can scent this if desired. Pour into mold and let set. If you want a prim looking soap, sprinkle dry cinnamon in the bottom of the mold, but not too much. After it sets up, rub more dry cinnamon into soap for a grungy look.
this is an easy recipe, You can add fragrance if you want, add more or less spices. I use instant coffee granules for coloring. You can also use cocoa for coloring. There is right way or wrong way to make it, just add what you want in spices.

I also had some ask about the witches heads, I will putting so more of the beeswax ornies on my website in a couple of days, so please check it for availability. Working on trying to get a good supply made up in advance.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...I love everything you did today. Especially the angel tealight holders. I am really wanting to try to make some soap. Would be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have got some cool stuff. How do you find the time to blog??? Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great creations! Really love the beeswax!
    Thanks fo the soap recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of these creations are so much fun!!! Thanks so much for sharing the soap recipe!! i guess geniuses don't need much sleep!!

    ReplyDelete