NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

PLEASE USE OUR NEW EMAIL ADDRESS FOR CONTACT
THEOLDECOUNTRYCUPBOARD@OUTLOOK.COM

VISIT OUR WEBSITES

You are Special Patterns

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

New Patterns

I got on a roll today, I managed to get 3 new designs done. I guess I am in the mood for fall. The weather here in Florida has been a little on the hot side lately. But I wanted to get some new fall patterns done for Country Sampler magazine. The deadline for the Fall issue is the end of the month. These patterns are not on my website http://www.theoldecountry-cupboard.com/ yet, but should be up by the end of the week. They will be $7.95 ppd. The top picture shows my new Pumpkin Patch wreath. It is simple and quick to make. It is painted and distressed. This was made on an 18" wreath.

Next is Hank. He is my new scarecrow, he is about 24" long. He was fun to make. I started out wanting to make a scarecrow and couldn't quite figure out what to do with him. But after drawing pictures out and thinking about it for a day, this is what I came up with. I love the way he turned out. He was pretty quick to sew up.


Last is my Trees of the Season. Each tree features a verse from a song. I used transfer paper to get the verse on the onsaburg. The trees are painted and distressed. This is another quick pattern to do. As you can probably tell, I can't wait for the fall and Christmas season to begin. I am always so busy that time of year, I can't be creative and do new ideas like I want. So this year I am starting earlier.

I just talked to my friend Carmen, she has a pattern business also, called Little Country Blessings. She is doing her first show of year this weekend. She is busy sewing right now.
I met her over 10 years ago, she called me when I was advertising in Country Marketplace. We clicked right away and did a show together and have been best friends ever since. So, I can't wait till I go to the show in Moultrie Georgia at the fairgrounds. I will try to snap a picture of her booth. Her website is http://www.littlecountryblessings.com/ if you want to check it out.



No comments:

Post a Comment