Well, today was a productive day, I worked on reindeers. I hope these sell good for me this year, this is such a simple and easy pattern to do. I made the largest reindeer head in the pattern and put it on a 14" wreath. I use wire and wire everything to the wreath, I hate using hot glue unless I have to. I had an old Christmas sign that works perfectly on this wreath, some wooden candy canes I purchased from Michaels last year marked way down. I also added some stained cheesecloth, rusty bells and pine cones.I sprayed the whole thing with the spray snow in the can. Oh, did I mention the wreath was a markdown from last Christmas sales, so this didn't cost much to make.
Next, I worked on the little reindeer head ornaments, these turned out so cute. I got quite a few of them made. My friend Carmen, brought me a bunch of sticks last time she came down to visit and so had plenty of reindeer antlers. Carmen is coming to visit me again on Wednesday, (so please bring some more antlers please, hint, hint). I still have to add the little primitive Merry Christmas tag on these and price them, then I just stick them in a cello bag and they are ready to go. I think I am going to ask 6.95 for these at the show.
This is a closeup of one of the little reindeer. They are about 8" high with the stick, I just purchased some precut dowels, paipnted them black and used, instead of trying to find enough sticks to insert in the body. No trees in my neighborhood.
I think I might be going to tackle my supply shed tomorrow, it looks like a couple of tornados went through, if I open up the door, I had better be ready to catch something. when I work, I have a tendency to pile, and this is piled to brim and can't even get in there anymore to find anything.
Hope you all enjoyed looking my little reindeers and thanks again for reading my blog and your nice comments.