NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

PLEASE USE OUR NEW EMAIL ADDRESS FOR CONTACT
THEOLDECOUNTRYCUPBOARD@OUTLOOK.COM

VISIT OUR WEBSITES

You are Special Patterns

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

More Santa's



Well, if you are like alot of crafters I know, you probably have doll bodies laying all over the place. For some reason, you just can't force yourself to finish them. I know I have 2 large bags full of bodies and clothes and there they sit for the last 2 years. One of my projects is to get these done.
So here are the Santa's that have been waiting patiently to be finished. This is from an pattern I found from several years ago.




Next is a pattern I purchased from Chestnut junction. I managed to get 3 of these finished this week, I put a little Christmas tree on a wood bobbin in their hands.

Next, I bought some cutter quilts and wanted to make stockings out of them. The 2 on the outside are made from cutter quilts and the one in the middle in made from quiled muslin. I
handstitched the toe and heel from the cutter quilts onto the quilted muslin. Of course, I added the jute tie with jingle bells and prim tag.
.
I am trying use up a lot of my fabrics this year, you know how when you buy a piece of fabric, you can't wait to use, but then later on, wonder why you on earth you bought it. Well, this year instead of donating my unused fabric to good will, I decided to use it up making rag balls. I save my scraps and wad them up into a round ball shape. I take my torn strips and wrap around the scraps that are already formed into a ball. This helps make them nice and heavy. So, I am going to purchased some wooden bowls and add the ragballs, put in a cello bag with prim tag and sell the set. I don't have them bagged up yet, but here is a pic of some of the rag balls I have gotten done so far. I am going to coordinate them , into prim colors, holiday colors and the fall colors.
Well, I guess that is it for today. Hope to have more to share with you tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Where in heaven's name do you get the energy to keep producing like the Energizer Bunny? I just keep "thinking" about doing things and you are whipping them up! Kudos to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey girlie...can you drop me an email?...I am interested in buying some of your Santa's if you are selling them now?!...I love them!

    thepickledpepperpatch@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am amazed at how fast you work! Every thing looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it... you are so talented and great way to recycle your old fabric!!
    Have a blessed day!
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandy,

    I just found your blog and I love it! Can't wait to see what you post next.

    Tonya

    ReplyDelete